Wednesday 20 February 2013

Blog Post #1

Three things I expect in a good book are romance, drama and suspense.

I enjoy romance in a book because it adds to the drama. I don't have a lot of romance in my own life currently, so I like reading other people's romantic stories so I can feel like I'm a part of it.

I like drama in books because it makes it more interesting. It makes me question why certain things are happening and adds excitement to the book.

I also really like suspense in books because it makes you wonder what's going to happen next and it makes a book hard to put down. You want to keep reading to find the answer to the main problem.

All three of these things trigger emotional response in a reader, and makes a fictional book more interesting.

Conrad, Lauren. L.A. Candy. New York: HarperCollins, 2009. Print.


1 comment:

  1. These are three good qualities to engage you in the reading of a novel, Megan. What specifically creates the 'drama' you speak about?

    Can you now explain where in Candy specifically these three elements show themselves?

    ReplyDelete